From Plan to Policy: Creating a structure to integrate arts
Arts Alive! is working with Taryn Fisher, of Antioch University New England, to convene partners to develop an arts policy for the city of Keene. This will take the arts-related vision communicated in the city's master plan, and turn it into actionable policy and implementation.
This group will meet monthly, and in workgroups between monthly meetings to move the process forward. Focus areas will include:
- Understand how the city currently supports the arts
- Look to other communities and sectors for model policies, including the "Complete Streets" policy
- Organize and collect current information on local artists, organizations, and public art from Arts Alive!, Friends of Public Art, Creative Ground, and other partners
- Organize and collect current economic impact data to make an argument for public investment
Our goal is to present a policy or clear outline or goals, procedures, and players to the Keene City Council in late summer 2017.
Arts Alive! envisions this policy to be a template which we will work with Southwest Regional Planning Commission and volunteers to distribute to other towns in the Monadnock region so that all of the town master plans that include the arts will now have a means to implement their creative community visions!
- First meeting - February 10th at 4pm at Antioch in Keene - Notes from the Meeting
- 3/10 at 4pm at Antioch in Keene - Notes from the Meeting
- 4/7 at 4pm at the Colonial Theatre's Colonial Corner meeting space - Notes from the Meeting
- 5/11 at 4pm at the Hannah Grimes Center - Notes from the Meeting
- 6/13 at 4pm at the
- 7/14 at 4pm at Antioch in Keene